Connecting to QuickBooks Online
Do you use QuickBooks Online? Noko supports exporting time entries to QuickBooks Online out of the box!
The integration from Noko to QuickBooks Online allows you to painlessly track your time in Noko, while keeping all of your businesses’ finances in QuickBooks Online. Within QuickBooks Online you can then set rates for your time entries, issue invoices for the time worked, or anything else you’d need to do in QuickBooks Online.
To use QuickBooks Online export, you need a QuickBooks Online account with Time Tracking enabled. Please see this QuickBooks FAQ article if your QuickBooks Online plan includes it, and how to upgrade if it doesn't.
Noko exports time entries as time activity data, and associates it with QuickBooks Online customers, employees and vendors.
You're always in control when entries are exported, so you can review and edit entries before they get sent to QuickBooks Online. Once the entries are exported to QuickBooks Online, they are marked as approved and are locked from further changes in Noko.
Connecting to QuickBooks Online
Note: Only the account owner or a supervisor can set up integrations.
To connect Noko to your QuickBooks Online account, follow these steps:
- Click Integrations & Apps in the green navigation sidebar.
- Look for the QuickBooks Online integration and click Connect….
- Follow the steps shown to you by QuickBooks Online. You may need to log in to your QuickBooks Online account. On the screen asking you to authorize Intuit to securely share data with Noko, click Authorize.
That's it! Your QuickBooks Online account is now connected to Noko. You can click Settings… to see the details and to set a default category for your exported entries
Exporting time to QuickBooks Online
Note: Only the account owner or a supervisor can run exports.
- Run a report for all the entries you want to export.
- Review the entries and modify them as necessary before they are exported.
- Click the QuickBooks Online button on the report.
- Review the export preview. Once you're satisfied, click the Export to QuickBooks Online button.
All entries in the report will be marked as approved and locked in Noko, and can't be edited or deleted. The export to QuickBooks online is processed in the background. Once Noko is finished exporting the entries we'll send you an email, it's usually pretty quick and shouldn't take more than a minute or two.
When an entry is approved and locked, but hasn't been exported to QuickBooks Online, you can run another export including the entry. This is useful when the entry couldn't be mapped to a QuickBooks Online employee or customer the first time around (for example the employee wasn't created yet in QuickBooks Online). Noko will ensure to export every entry only once.
Mapping QuickBooks customers to Noko projects
Note: Only the account owner or a supervisor can change integration settings.
Noko automatically maps projects to QuickBooks customers of the same name, but if the names are different, or when you want to export multiple projects to the same QuickBooks customer, you can set the customer in your projects' settings.
- Open the Projects tab in the green navigation sidebar.
- Look for the project you want to set the QuickBooks customer for, hover over it and click Settings.
- Click the Integrations tab.
- Select the Customer (or leave the field empty for automatic assignment).
- Click Save & Close.