Getting Paid with Stripe
Do you want your clients to be able to pay your invoices directly to your Stripe account? No problem—it's super quick to set up.
You can enable payments via Stripe when you create new invoices, or when you edit an existing invoice:
- Create a new invoice or edit an existing invoice.
- Check the Allow your client to pay this invoice with Stripe checkbox.
- Enter a title for the payment so you and your client recognize what the payment was for. Noko automatically suggests the invoice number.
- Select the currency for the Stripe checkout page.
- Click Save & Preview to save your changes.
- Share the invoice with your client by giving your client the private invoice link.
What your client sees
Now just wait until your client pays the invoice using Stripe. From the point of view of your client, it will look like this:
- Your client uses the private invoice link to view the invoice.
- Your client clicks on the Pay with Stripe button.
- Your client is sent to a Stripe Checkout page to pay the invoice. You can customize the look and feel of the Checkout page in your Stripe Dashboard's Branding Settings.
- Your client confirms and pays the invoice, Stripe redirects them back to the shared Noko invoice. The invoice will show a big green paid stamp once Stripe confirms the payment. And that's it! You've Paid through Noko without having to print an invoice, mailing it to someone, waiting for a check to get back, running to the bank, hoping the check clears and all the other chores you usually what have to do to get paid. And, even better, the money is sent directly to your Stripe account.
Once your client has paid, you'll see the transaction in your Stripe Payments. Noko adds a link to the shared invoice so you can easily review your payments later.
Note: in some cases it may take a few days for the payment to clear. Once you see the green paid stamp in Noko, you know that the payment arrived fully in your Stripe account.
How do I see the current payment status of an invoice?
You can view a detailed log of status changes to your invoice by clicking Show detailed payment log when viewing the invoice
Once you click this link, a detailed payment log shows up, listing every time Noko communicated with Stripe, including cancelled or aborted attempts to pay.
I refunded a client in Stripe, but the invoice in Noko still says paid?
Right now, we don't automatically change the status of invoices if you refund them in Stripe. Please contact support to get your invoice status changed (e.g. to unpaid).