Assigning people to projects
The contractors and coworkers on your team must be assigned to projects before they can sign in and log time. You can assign projects to people when you invite them to your Noko account, and later by editing them.
Only supervisors and the account owner can set and change project assignments.
Editing project assignments
To change the assigned projects of a person:
- Go to the People tab in the green navigation sidebar on the left side of your screen. Filter down the list of people if you need to find the person you want to change the assigned projects for.
- Hover over the person and click the settings button.
- Click on the Assigned Projects field. As soon as you click on the field, you'll see the suggested projects and projects groups autocompleter. Start typing to search for projects and see autocomplete suggestions. Click on a project group to add all projects of this project group as assigned projects to the person.*
- Click Save & Close to save the new assignments.
* People are always assigned directly to projects (using a project group to assign a bunch of projects at the same time is the same as assigning each of those projects individually). This means that any projects that are added to that project group later will not be automatically assigned and if a project is moved to another project group, the assignment to the person still stay intact.